Herman Road runs from Babylon Road to Norristown Road and is named after Henry Hermann who purchased a farm here from Issacher Kenderdine in 1827. On the deed Hermann is listed as a New York butcher. Not much is know of Hermann or of his time here, but the farm did have some fame in 1822 when Mr Kenderdine and others tried to protect a run-away slave. Kenderdine was later fined $4,000. The farm was sold to brewer Henry Schaeffer in 1891 and then became know as Brewery Farm.