Davis Grove Road today is a short road of 1.2 miles from Horsham Road on the western end to Babylon Road on its eastern end. It parallels Horsham Road for about 3/4 of its length.
Davis Grove Road was originally built in 1735 as a private road by the Kenderdines known as "Kenderdine's Lane" to offer access to their mill from Babylon Road. Babylon Road existed at that time but was not dedicated until much later.
"The Davis Grove Road from Davis Grove to the intersection of Horsham Road, was laid out in 1745. The original petition and draught were presented to the December 1744 session, and the purposes were stated to be to open a way to Kenderdine's Mill and also to 'ye Presbyterian Meeting House at Neshamanie ther Erected for Worship of God' (Packet 25 M 89) This first draught proposed a route from Davis Grove directly across the fields to a point near the house where James MacAleer now lives, nut Jabez White the owner of the ground, made an energetic protest, and the road was altered to its present course in April 1745. From the intersection of the Babylon Road, the route followed a private road known as Kenderdine's Land"99 p12
The road was the first to have macadam in the area.39 The bridge over Park Creek was built in 1911 and rehabbed in 1980.