(from Murray Craven 39) When the Doylestown-Willow Grove Turnpike was made a public highway north of Privet Road in 1839, the village of Davis Grove lost its position as a strategic crossroads. At the same time, the settlement along the turnpike near Justinian K. Hallowell’s hotel became important. This became known as the village of Hallowell. Hallowell Hotel is now the site of the Horsham Inn. (The village of Davis Grove168 later disappeared under the Willow Grove Naval Air Station)
(from Geneaology Hound retrieved 10/12/2017) Justinian Hallowell354 and his brother George bought a farm and what would become the Hallowell Hotel on March 15, 1880. They ran both until George's death in 1897 when his sister Lydia became a partner. At some point they added a store and a post office name Hallowell.