The following is taken from The History of Horsham by Craven.
In 1889 a trolley line was put down along Easton Road by the Bucks County Railway Company. This line connected Willow Grove to Doylestown. From Willow Grove a passenger could transfer to a trolley that would take him to Philadelphia. Another line ran from Hatboro to Horsham along the Hatboro Pike. Passengers from Hatboro would transfer in Horsham to continue their ride to Willow Grove or to Doylestown. The passenger trolley came every 36 minutes in winter, and every 18 minutes in summer. Fare for the 50 minute ride from Willow Grove to Doylestown was 28 cents. For short distances, the fare was considerably less. Some trolleys transported only freight. Justinian Hallowell operated a freight station in front of the present Shank’s Store, near his Hallowell Hotel. Wooden crates, ordered by mail or during a previous visit to Philadelphia, would arrive; each filled with soap or coffee or other merchandise. The wooden crates, being very substantial, were useful for storage. Occasionally even a chair would be delivered by the freight line.
The “Milk Trolley” also stopped at Hallowell’ a Station and at the platform in front of Wes Frees’ Store located at the corner of Meetinghouse and Easton Roads. Local farmers would place their milk cans on the platform by 7:30 A.M. each morning. The trolley would come along shortly thereafter, and take the milk to be sold in Philadelphia. Each can was marked with a label showing the name of the owner, and the next day, the cans would be returned to the same platform.
Trolley service was discontinued in Horsham Township in 1931 and the tracks were later removed from the highway by WPA in 1932-1933.