The Horsham Friends Meeting House, at the corner of Easton and Meetinghouse Roads, was built in 1803. This is the 3rd meeting house on this site, the original was built in 1716/7 on the other side of Easton Road and a larger one was built to replace that on this site in 1724 .
Photo of an original watercolor of the Horsham Meeting by Leon Clemmer
The present bulding was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on June 6, 1991.
The following is taken from The History of Horsham by Craven.
In 1714 Samuel Carpenter* presented 50 acres of land to the Horsham Meeting for the nominal sum of 5 shillings. Horsham Meeting had its official beginning in a Youths’ Meeting established in 1717, and later in that year received the status of a Preparative Meeting. At first, Horsham Friends met for worship in private homes. The marriage certificate of Peter Davis and Rebecca Michener shows that a regular Meetinghouse had been built by November of 1717. About 1724 a larger structure was built on the opposite side of Easton Road from the present meetinghouse, through the help of friends from Abington and Gwynedd Meetings. Members of the Horsham Meeting came from Upper Moreland, Upper Dublin, Warminster and Warrington Townships to attend Meeting. Some of the earliest roads in the area were laid out to provide access to these outlying districts. In 1782 Horsham and Byberry Meetings were consolidated, but as the membership increased in each of these areas it was necessary to separate the meetings. The present Horsham Meetinghouse was built in 1803 near the corner of Easton and Meetinghouse Roads. In 1810 Horsham Meeting attained the status of a monthly meeting.
A different version of events comes from The History of a Horsham Homestead, 1300 Easton Road 1740-1967 :
Hannah Carpenter, the Widow of Samuel Carpenter, by a deed of trust, conveyed to John Cadwallader, Thomas Iredell, Evan Lloyd and Richard Kenderdine, the 27th of Third Month, 1719, for the use of the Friends, 50 acres of land from his great tract, on which the Horsham Friends Meeting house was built, most probably in 1721, for we know from the jurors“ report on the laying-out of the Governor’s Road
along here, April 23, 1722, that it was located by the meetinghouse. We believe it was built of stone and stood until 1803, when it was demolished and replaced by the present two' story structure of today.