The following is taken from The History of Horsham by Craven.
There are three cemeteries in Horsham Township.
Traditionally whenever a Friends Meetinghouse was founded, land was set aside for a school and a graveyard on the same property. The Horsham Friends Meeting was established in 1716 at Easton and Meetinghouse Roads. By 1719 a graveyard had been started on the opposite corner where Norristown Road intersects Easton Road. A large sassafras tree stood in the middle of the graveyard, and was thought to be the largest one of its, kind east of the Mississippi River. In 1942 it was struck by lightning and so today, only the large stump of the tree remains.
Sometime prior to 1844 James Murray set aside a piece of land next to his house on Maple Avenue for a cemetery. A datestone of 1844 is fixed in the wall which surrounds the cemetery. In James Murray’s will dated May 30, 1857 he stipulated that the interments should be in straight rows with the north side of the cemetery reserved for his relatives and the south side for strangers. A sum of $50 was placed in trust to maintain the grounds. It was customary for an heir of a person buried in the cemetery to keep the grounds in good repair. Since no heirs can be found, the township is custodian of the cemetery, but is not authorized to use the cemetery for interments.
The Whitemarsh Memorial Park is a large cemetery on Limekiln Pike at Prospectville. The Wayside Chapel on the property, built in 18600, was at one time the Prospectville School House. Part of the cemetery is set aside for veterans. Each Memorial Day a commemorative ceremony is held at the Avenue of Flags, which was dedicated on Memorial Day, 1962 ‘to the memory of the deceased veterans of Horsham'.