HPHA has a c1876 BF Avery and Sons Champion Sickle Mower available for sale. This is one of several pieces of equipment donated to HPHA by Liberty Property Trust.
A photo on the Wisconsin Historical Society shows a similar machine in use. Per this society:
The B.F. Avery Company began in 1825 and, until 1914, the company manufactured tillage implements. They began making tractors in 1915, with the Louisville Motor Plow being the first.
This mower has obviously been around the fields a time or two, but what a great project! Please