This three-bedroom house atop a free flowing spring is now a renovated rental unit which serves as a source of income for the sustainability of the site. It is not open to the public as a caretaker is living there. The spring is the main source of water for both dwellings and for the pond below them. It then flows into Park Creek, a Neshaminy watershed tributary.
This was originally a springhouse and was converted to a home in 1853, possibly to make additional living quarters for members of the Penrose Family. The building is constructed of plastered rubble stone. What remains of the original springhouse is now below ground level on the northern side of the structure. The roof portion of this façade is supported by four circular pilings, which are very similar to the supports that remain of the 1839 barn. The first floor of this 1853 home appears to be built directly over the foundation of the old springhouse.
This structure is bein remodeled and used by HPPI.