History The Pump Factory The Pump FactoryThe following is taken from Craven's History of HorshamIn 1871, Charlie Teas owned and operated a pump factory on the west side of Norristown Road just south of his home. Today this home can be seen situated very close to the road a short distance south of Herman Road. At the Pump Factory, a hole would be bored in a wooden log using an auger which was turned by hand. Oak was the wood most commonly used. A wooden bucket lined with leather was suspended from a metal rod inside the log. When the handle of the pump was raised and then lowered, water would be raised to the spout by suction.