The following is taken from Craven's History of Horsham.
The Prospectville Community Hall was erected about 1870 on land owned by George Worth of Horsham. Mr. Worth, who had emigrated from Germany, had studied the system of town halls in the New England states, and thought that this was needed in Horsham. The Community Hall was to serve as a meeting place for the residents of Prospectville. George Fry was employed at $2.00 per day to build the Hall.
In 1885, Sunday school was held at the Hall by the Methodists. By 1889, religious services were held on a regular basis, and a small library was located in the back of the building. Displayed on the wall was a wooden board on which were written the rules of the Hall. Included were the rules:
Today the hall is organized under a state charter and operated by a board of trustees. It has continued to serve as a place of worship for various denominations throughout the years.