Our rainbow painted neighbor to the north, the Old Time Hotel was recently demolished.
The Old Time Hotel, 308 Easton Road, was in Warrington, but is close enough to have been a neighbor to Graeme Park and the Penrose Strawbridge House for the past 170 years. It has sat vacant for several years and was demolished in July 2013 to make way for a new beer distributor.
from Warrington PA from the Images of America Series, by Mary Doyle Roth, Kenneth Samen page 51:
(The) tavern ... near the Little Neshaminy Creek, was an excellent site for a hotel because the stagecoaches had to cross the stream located close by. For many years the hotel was called Paul Valley Hotel, after Joseph Paul. In the late 1800s the inn was called The Farmer's Inn and later Frog Hollow Inn/Hotel.
From 1914-1941 , the township supervisors held their meetings at the Neshaminy Hotel. Joseph Hirsch bought the hotel in 1964. He opened a go-go bar in 1965 named the Old Time Hotel. In the early 1990s, Hirsch painted the building a series of brightly colored stripes in response to the township supervisors attempt to amend an ordinance banning signs depicting nudity (courtesy Joseph H. Penrose, Jr)
According to PhillyBurbs.com, the property was purchased by Joe Bound, a Bensalem beer distributor, a few years ago for $2 million. He plans to build a beer distributorship on the property.
Mr. Bound will reportedly create a mural in the new building to commemorate the history of the hotel.
More photos below...