Norristown Road Norristown RoadNorristown Road was laid out from Welsh Road to the Horsham Meetinghouse in 1723, having already been opened from North Wales to Welsh Road. For many years it was known as the North Wales Road. Deeds of the period around 1800 refer to it as the Swedesford Road. 39)The road currently no longer reaches the Horsham Meetinghouse due to the now-closed Willow Grove Naval Air Station. Plans for redeveloping the base call for Norristown Road to be extended north towards a new town center.