A antique Fordson F Tractor made between 1917-28 has been donated to HPHA and is now available for sale
Liberty Property Trust of Horsham has donated several pieces of antique farm equipment to HPHA which we now are offering for sale.
One of these items is a Fordson Model F Tractor which we believe was manufactured between 1917 and 1928.
(from wikipedia) Fordson was a brand name used on a range of mass produced general-purpose tractors manufactured by Henry Ford & Son, Inc, from 1917 until 1920 when it was merged into the Ford Motor Company, which used the name until 1964.
The first Fordson Model F was completed in 1916 and was the first small, lightweight, mass-produced, affordable tractor in the world, making it possible for the average farmer to own a tractor for the first time. Thus Henry Ford and colleagues had done again, for the tractor, what they had recently done for the automobile with the Ford Model T. The Fordson tractor went into mass production in 1917 and debuted for sale on October 8, 1917, for $750. The original Fordson used a 20 horsepower, four-cylinder vaporising oil engine, a three-speed spur gear transmission (the three forward speeds ranged from approximately 2¼ to 6¼ mph), and a worm gear reduction set in the differential.